Teen Philosophers Cafe
Surrey has a high population of youth. In fact, according to the SurreyCares Youth Vital Signs Report (2015), 22% of youth in Metro Vancouver live in Surrey, and more children and youth aged 10-24 live in Surrey than any city other than Vancouver. A young city brings many opportunities and challenges, and the Teen Philosophers’ Café’s are a safe space for youth to discuss these challenges and opportunities with other youth and adult allies. We hope to see you there!
The Teen Cafes are hosted during the Youth Leadership Development Program with the YMCA. For details on upcoming cafes, please CLICK HERE.
Previous topics include:
- Living life with a physical disability - breaking down the stigma and stereotypes
- Mental health and mindfulness – the importance of learning how to cope, and reaching out when you can’t
- Racism at school - is it individual or is it systemic? How do we confront it?
- Finding self-confidence and believing in yourself through life's challenges
- Non-physical bullying - the power of language and the impacts of social media
- When life gives you stress, make pancakes. The importance of self-care in getting through tough times.